I found this a while ago, and I didn’t post it. It’s from March 2008 Consumer Reports magazine. The article is basically comparing different foods and how much calories each has. Mind you, I’m not exactly a health nut, but I’d like to think I’m a relatively healthy guy.
However, the findings in the report (or chart rather) are quite different from what I had expected. Below is a recreation of the chart. This is not my work, and I take no responsibility for it.
Which of the items in the following pairs has fewer calories and less fat?
1. a) Red Lobster 1 1/4-pound lobster OR b) McDonald’s Fruit ‘n Yogurt Parfait
2. a) 3 Big Macs OR b) 1 Uno deep-dish individual Shroom pizza
3. a) Wendy’s large chili OR b) Wendy’s Chicken BLT Salad with croutons and dressing
4. a) Starbucks Tazo Green Tea Frappuccino Blended Creme, whip, grande OR b) Starbucks hot chocolate, nonfat milk, no whip, venti
5. a) Burger King Whopper Jr., no mayo OR b) Burger King Dutch Apple Pie
6. a) Ruby Tuesday Triple Prime Burger OR b) Ruby Tuesday Parmesan Shrimp Pasta
7. a) Outback 1/2 Bloomin Onion with dressing OR b) Outback 12-oz. sirloin
8. a) Krispy Kreme chocolate iced doughnut with sprinkles OR b) Dunkin’ Donuts corn muffin
9. a) 1 cup Dunkin’ Donuts broccoli cheese soup OR b) Dunkin’ Donuts French cruller
10. a) Ruby Tuesday steamed broccoli with butter sauce OR b) Ruby Tuesday Chocolate Tallcake
Answer: a) *You can’t win ’em all*
Anyways, that’s a lot of writing. So, stay healthy, and take care of each other.
Peace and love